Monday, February 14, 2005

Appropriate Metaphor For Software Engineering

Jeanette Winterson is one of my favourite writers, especially her novel The Passion. This is from the monthly column she writes for her Web site:
My friend Mona Howard, who is 84, told me she had been to see the film Touching The Void, about the mountaineers, one of whom makes an incredible survival journey with a broken leg. He got through it by setting himself only what he could achieve without agony giving way to despair. So he would hop for twenty minutes, then rest, then hop again.
:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vlad;

If you haven't seen Touching the Void and get the chance, rent the movie. I found it really interesting. I then read the book afterwards which of course gave a lot more insight.

-Jonathan