Monday, February 27, 2006

TestDrivenDesignPhaseShift

This is rather belated news, but I am kind of proud of the fact that I've added a new term to the XP lexicon: Phase Shift. See the c2 wiki:

http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?TestDrivenDesignPhaseShift
.
The notion came out of some discussions in the xp newsgroup. The basic idea is that even if you develop your code incrementally using test-driven development, it is possible that your approach may have to fundamentally change at some point. In my opinion, that's OK and does not confute xp and tdd as reasonable appraoches to develop software. Anyway, I was quite happy when I found out that someone had edited my initial posting to sound more definite and authoritative, and phase shift may well be a legitimate part of the xp lexicon now! :)

No comments: