Monday, September 17, 2007

Palisaro Wall Tutorial (flash using haXe)

I've written a tutorial for a flash game called Palisaro that was developed by a friend of mine, Eda-qa. I have a feeling flash perhaps wasn't designed for interactive applications as my friend tells me tweaking his code for performance was one of the most time-consuming aspects of getting the game working. This tutorial is about recognizing walls around areas, and I think it's interesting because the solution may be a bit counter-intuitive. When we were originally discussing it by e-mail, I was surprised the algorithm didn't focus on the wall elements themselves, but maybe that's just me. In any case, if you're interested in developing an application in flash, you may find this tutorial helpful. I found haXe to be a very nice language to look at and it definitely comes across as a language of choice for anyone with a C++/Java background who wants to write flash applications.

No comments: